This full-time, eleven-month position requires an individual who is highly organized and comfortable working with students, their parents and the Faculty. The Assistant Athletic Director handles emails, calls and inquiries to the Athletic Department, and as a result, is often first contact many families and the public has with the school. The Assistant works closely with the Director of Athletics, overseeing the daily athletics schedule as well as the daily workings of the school, helping to manage the competitive sports calendar, transportation, special events, referees, scheduling/confirming games and other duties as assigned.
We are seeking an individual with the following tools or traits:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more years working in the school environment, with specific athletic experience.
• Coaching experience
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Expert written and verbal communication skills
• Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Ability to interact with others in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure, while remaining flexible
• Ability to understand and manipulate the school website for communication and scheduling purposes (training provided)Background
The Athletic program is highly competitive with an attention to teaching character, perseverance, and hard work through different state sanctioned sports and non-competitive activities.
CA offers an excellent compensation package.
Application deadline is February 15, 2015. Ideally the candidate will be available June 8 through June 30 for training with a formal start date of August 1, 2015.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send a letter of application including salary history, resume, and three references to:
Michael Davis, Ph.D.
Head of School
3800 South Pierce Street
Denver, CO 80235
Colorado Academy does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures, or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, military service, or other protected status.