CA seeks a full-time, dynamic, energetic, and creative mathematics teacher leader for its middle school mathematics department effective August 2014. A full-time position consists of 4 sections of mathematics classes, an advisory, participation in the school's Interim program, and other duties as assigned.
We seek an individual with at least five years of experience teaching middle school (grades 6 through 8) mathematics courses. The ideal candidate will:
• be versatile enough to be able to teach any grade level or course including pre-algebra, algebra I and geometry.
• understand mathematics -- where it has come from and where it is going
• teach mathematics with joy and infectious enthusiasm
• view MS mathematics as an opportunity for creativity and innovation
• be a problem-solver at heart and able to guide kids through an inquiry-based, thought-provoking program, balancing conceptual understanding with skill-based learning
• have demonstrated leadership in developing an innovative, vibrant, rigorous MS curriculum (perhaps from scratch) that embraces best practice in the teaching of mathematics, and views students as active learners and participants in their mathematical experience
• view students as active learners and participants in their mathematical experience
• understand the role of technology in today's math classroom and have demonstrated experience in adapting technology (computers, calculators, iPads, etc.) to their classroom practice
• Coaching abilities are a plus.Background
The CA Middle School program provides a crucial bridge between our Lower and Upper School programs. Its foundation is a strong academic curriculum but is balanced by an extensive and challenging program in athletics, the arts and community service. A child's Middle School experience is characterized by small classes, high standards, a faculty committed to the growth of every student and an abiding belief that the most successful learners are the most active and involved learners.
Learning at CA is not confined to the classroom. Learning opportunities abound. The school’s experiential Interim program, student-generated club activities, and a broad-based community service program are among the hallmarks of every student’s Middle School experience.
CA offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send a letter of application and resume to:
Michael Davis, Ph.D.
Head of School
3800 South Pierce Street
Denver, CO 80235